The Ross Township Police Department was established in 1956 by the Ross Township Board of Trustees. The department was initially located in a shared office space at 3133 Hamilton Cleves Road. Due to growth of the Township, the Police and Administrative offices moved to 4055 Hamilton Cleves Road.
In 2019, the Ross Township Police Department became a full-time department, offering the latest in law enforcement technology and programs. In 2017, the department was accredited through the Ohio Collaborative Board. The Police Department was re-accredited in 2022 in all ten standards of the Ohio Collaborative. Lexipol also recognized the Ross Township Police Department by achieving the Gold Standard in 2021 and 2022 for excellence in training.